Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hard Drive Deadbeats: BLACK METAL



The overly-zealous Photoshopped cover should have been a clear fist to the face but I had heard some good things about the band and was enticed by the fact the album was based on Marquis de Sade (and I'm a sucker for sluts in PVC garter belts and biohazard masks). Unfortunately this is exactly the type of black metal I am not into - it's so over the top the "evilness" simply comes off silly, blastbeats get old fast, and the cheesy melodic stuff in the background just makes me want to gag. I'm sure there are legions of Belphegor disciples writhing in their corpsepaint as I write this blasphemy but it's just not my cup of black vomit. Enjoy.


 
Currently watching: Johnny Got His Gun
Currently listening to: Meat Shits Gorenography

No comments: