Friday, March 30, 2012

Hard Drive Deadbeats: PUNK



Finnish five-piece Anal Thunder has been at it since 1997, pumping out Social Distortion-esque punk across a half-dozen albums. Not terrible by any means, just not my cup of tea. I thought I'd give 'em a chance with 2010's Time Of Your Life, primarily because it offered a song called "Through Al Bundy's Eyes" which I simply had to hear. Well it wasn't exactly the show-stopper I had hoped and the rest of the album is just too mediocre to warrant more than a few listens. To be honest, there's probably a lot to like with this band, just not on my iPod. And the fact I sweated out playing drums in a Social D cover band for five years and if I never hear a Mike Ness-ish singer again for the rest of my life it will be too soon probably doesn't help. The band is still at it so good for them, there's little I still do the same since 1997 except jerk off. Get your translation software ready (it's mostly in Finnish) and check out their blog here. Nauttia.



Currently watching: Emanuelle In America
Currently listening to: 40 Below Summer Invitation To The Dance

No comments: