Monday, February 5, 2018

Ball Is Life.



Holy fucking shit... has it been almost a year? I'm not surprised with my absolute disdain of almost everything musical that's come out since 2015 but occasionally there is a diamond in the rough that keeps me from completely deleting this blog out of its induced-coma existence. Introducing the long-defunct Ari... a hardcore four-piece straight outta Louisville, KY (random shoutout to Kinghorse is appropriate here) and one of the few of the zillion things I've found on bandcamp that actually made me pause and listen for more than 15 seconds. Out of the solid 25 minutes of punchy, aggro hardcore, the opener "Womb" and "Dimwit" are easily my faves. "Womb" has got an insanely addictive flowing groove to it while the latter has a cool power-chord-up-the-neck outro with some awesome screaming fucking nonsense that makes me survive my daily morning commutes. Sadly the band hung up their instruments in 2015 but there is still some archival internet presence here and here. Check the rest of their shit out, you probably won't be disappointed.


No comments: