Monday, July 11, 2011

September 11, 1649



After looking over the 43 bands playing this year's Central Illinois Metalfest (July 22-24) and whining to myself over how I won't make it out there, I dug up this relatively lost "best of" CD by Doylestown, OH grinders Drogheda. Released in 1998 after a few successful albums on the now-defunct Wild Rags Records, Celebrating Five Years Of Violence features their incredible A Celebration Of Violence demo, tracks from their 1998 split with Dismembered Fetus, re-recorded versions of choice songs from their Drogheda and Pogromist albums, several previously unreleased studio tracks and a brand new song. It's a great introduction to an underrated band that I was happy to discover have kept playing (albeit sporadically) throughout the last twenty years and are on the bill of the 2011 CMI. Check 'em out if you can.

 
Currently watching: Super 8
Currently listening to: Kwest Tha Madd Lad This Is My First Album

No comments: