Saturday, October 8, 2011

Double Sludge



Noothgrush really was the band that got me into sludge. I alreadly owned some Facedowninshit and Eyehategod and while I dug a couple choice cuts from those bands I wasn't totally sold on the genre as a whole. Enter 1999's epic Erode The Person. Those 13 tracks, compiled from an obscure catalog of split 7-inchers completely jump started my current devotion to the entire sludge/stoner/doom world. Ridiculously lumbering, depressing and heavy, no one has done it better since. The band released another compilation also titled Erode The Person in 2006 which compiled more recent splits and comps - it is just as incredible.

1999                                                                  2006

Currently watching: Slugs
Currently listening to: Hemorrhoidal Anal Suffering Paraphilia Insanity

No comments: