Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shameless self-promotion...



Ugh, I can barely stomach myself for listing these poor excuses for music up here. But fuck it, thanks to the mighty Bandcamp even the worst of the worst have their own pathetic pocket on the internet. As you may have noticed from the somewhat-new "Plugs" blurb on the right, I thought I'd give a sorry shout out to a few of the bands I'm involved in these days since no one else will bother to review them. Starting off with Bong Ludes, a 3-piece that I've played with for almost ten years. The band has lived through several incarnations, band names and band members but has finally chiseled down to a solid lineup. Plays self-deprecating punkish hardcore with the occasional groove thrown in here and there. Tuesday Nights At The Whorehouse (reviewed by the 'Genocide back in May 2011) is a homage to the indomitable Abominable Iron Sloth - a screaming pounding sludgecore duo that makes absolutely no sense other than an excuse to be as offensive as possible. Finally there's the red-headed stepchild Zero Trench. A worthless solo project that I revisit occasionally whenever I can't get one of my other "real" bands to invest time in a song idea I like. Call it my selfish noisecore/hardcore outlet. Regardless, hopefully you will find something to enjoy in the above efforts, if not then you can just go ahead and suck my balls...


Currently watching: The Descent 2
Currently listening to: Human Cull Human Cull


No comments: