Friday, June 25, 2010

Answered my own question...



Well, ask and you shall receive, no? No sooner had I posted some babble about Regurgitate's first split 7" I got word that the "forgettable" A-side band Vaginal Massaker actually DID forge along through the 1990's and even released a CD! Of course they completely changed their sound from grindnoise to a somewhat restrained death metal vibe (think very, very generic Death) and that's about it. Nothing noteworthy whatsoever, even the album cover screams generic (or terrible, depending on your point of view). Actually, the scans I could find of the cover were so awful that I actually rebuilt it myself, it was so poorly done. Oh well. The band's lineup completely changed from the Regurgitate days as well so it begs the question is it really the same band or just someone grabbing onto the coattails of a (somewhat) offensive name? Who knows. As a final fly in the putrid stew, I listened to the album several times and the numbered track names simply do not fit with the given names of the songs (i.e. on song #3 "Grunge" they repeat "Fuck Off And Die" over and over which makes me think that's actually the supposed song #8 "Fuck Off And Die") so I've tried to adjust it to what my poor German skills (c'mon I'm only on level two of Rosetta Stone!!) can deduce. Enjoy the timeworn tunes....


No comments: