Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hated Race



What a fucking great album. I was really into Fear Factory at the time (Obsolete era) I stumbled upon this and was intrigued by the obvious aliases, especially considering you got Jello Biafra narrating the whole opening as a pseudo-Pete Wilson. Jello may thrive in the counterculture but he's not stupid enough to head down to Tiujana to cut tracks with an underground drug lord death metal band. Smelling of San Francisco, I was happy to discover fave Faith No More veteran Billy Gould and Napalm Death mainstay Shane Embury trading off bass duties in addition to Fear Factory's Herrera (drums) and Cazares (guitar). The album is low rent death metal with a cool political vibe to it and if you took Spanish in highschool you'll be able to figure the lyrics out. "Hermanos Menendez" is my favorite song by far - I want that shit played at my funeral.


1 comment:

winston95 said...

They released a limited 7" called "Angel Chilango" earlier this year but I have yet to hear it...