Friday, December 31, 2010

Cape Cod Core



I knew about the Freeze for years long before I actually heard them - nearly every mailorder package I got from Ax/ction Records came with a zillion mini-flyers advertizing the band. Finally getting my hands on the killer Revenge Of The Kamikaze Stegosaurus From Outer Space! compilation LP years later at last gave me the chance to hear the Cape Cod townies at work. Their contribution, "Refrigerator Heaven," was a perfect piece of snotnose punk; funny lyrics, way too high on the treble with enough fuzz feedback to make your ears bleed. Probably the sound the Dead Milkmen were trying to get years later on Big Lizard. Regardless, The Freeze are still at it 30 years later, with a few token hiatuses and line up changes under their belt. Here's a 4-song gem from 1985 - probably them at their most hardcore - enjoy.

 
Currently watching: The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Currently listening to: Disrupt Unrest

No comments: