Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pussy's All That



I hadn't heard of Red Hot Lover Tone until I grudgingly dropped some bucks for M.C. Serch's mediocre post-3rd Bass solo effort Return Of The Product. Jesus how fucking white can I be? Regardless, his pretty cool tune "Back To The Grill" featured a bunch of other rappers who were totally eclipsed by a young Red Hot Lover Tone. His first eponymous album is pretty fucking good but I thought I'd link his second effort, 1995's #1 Player. A little more mellow then his initial LP, Player is a lot smoother and the best material features a bunch of other rappers including Big Daddy Kane ("In The Game") and the Notorious B.I.G. and Pharoahe Monch ("4 My Peeps"). It's amazing hearing BDK sound better then he ever did and Biggie fucking destroys as usual. Solid second (and final) album by a rapper who probably came along just a year too late...


No comments: