Thursday, April 3, 2014

Enough Pussy Shit




Heavy music-wise, 2000 was either awesome or terrible depending on your genre affiliation. Having blown the metal world open with Issues (muchos kudos to their crossover South Park episode) Korn really fueled major label desire for bands of their 7-string ilk. And pouring in they came... in an effort to not sound too much like the group they emulated, most bands could only bring an arguably "melodic" version of nü metal to the table. 40 Below Summer, Taproot, Primer 55, Project 86... the list goes on and on. Out of Westchester, NY came Dry Kill Logic whose debut album I bought solely because of band picture on the back cover. The fucking Terminator-looking dude smeared in blood/filth is actually lead singer Cliff Rigano who earns an A for effort on this one (on a couple songs they left his unedited bitching as the music fades in or out. Vocals have shades of Primer 55's J-Sin who was also breaking out at the same time so it's no surprise the two duet on the aptly titled "Give Up, Give In, Lie Down." I dare ya to tell 'em apart. Y'know when it comes down to it, I always tell myself I'm gonna delete this CD off of my iPod but when a song from it comes up in shuffle I rarely skip it. It's been 14 years since the album came out so I guess I 'd better shut the fuck up.

Hinge

No comments: