Thursday, April 24, 2014

What's In A Name?



No, this isn't a long-lost demo from your favorite Iowan nü metallers, it's instead the sole effort by a long-forgotten Connecticut hardcore trio. Bridging the crossover gap with shades of proto-grunge (the opener "Condemned" sounds a lot like what Kurt was doing at the time with Nirvana while "No. 9" reminds me of Excel) there's a lot to like about the six songs contained herein. The grooves and breakdowns are solid as fuck - I especially dig the vocalist Stiemy, he's got that ideal scream/yell/growl voice I wish I had. It's a pretty angry, overly political twelve minutes - in other words a perfect snapshot of late-80's hardcore thrash. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Pete said...

That came out on Revelation records right? I think I have it but haven't heard in a long, long time. THANKS!

winston95 said...

Yep - exactly. Their one and only claim to fame. Glad you liked it - thanks for the comment!